- Bowman, B. et al. Eager to learn : educating our preschoolers. Washington, DC, National Academy Press, 2000.
- Dickinson, D.; Cote, L. y Smith, M. "Learning vocabulary in pres-school: social discourse context affecting vocabulary growth". New directions for child adolescent development (San Francisco, CA), vol. 61, 1993, pp. 67-77.
- Dodge, D.; Herroman, C . Building your baby’s brain. Washington, DC; U.S. Department of Education. Teaching Strategies, Inc., 2000.
- Hart, B.; Risely, T.R. Meaningful differences in the everyday experiences of young children. Baltimore, MD, Brookes Publishing, 1995.
- Jewett, J. Aggression and cooperation: helping young children develop constructive strategies. Urbana, IL, ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education, 1992 (ED351147).
- Linder, T. Read, play and learn. Baltimore, MD, Brookes Publishing, 1999.
- Pinker, S. The language instinct: how the mind creates language. New York, NY, William Morrow, 1994.
- Shanahan, T. The National Reading Panel: using research to create more literate student. Newark, DE, International Reading Association, Reading Online, 1999.
- Teaching our youngest: a guide for preschool teachers and childcare and family providers. Jessup, MD, Education Publications Center, U.S. Department of Education, 2002.